The Pacific Grove High School Alumni Association has done a wonderful job of helping keep all classmates of all years in touch with each other.
Among other things:
- They keep an index card on each classmate. Dee Litch has pioneered this and we contact her every reunion to help us find our own classmates.
- They put on a reunion weekend every year. This will frequently include information on attending a Friday Breakers football game, a Saturday Banquet and Sunday Brunch. This is an opportunity for classmates to match up in years we don't officially put on our own reunion.
- They operate a trust fund for the benefit of the current high school students. This includes items such as scholarships, Sober Grad Night, Senior Disneyland trip, Cheerleaders trip to Pro Bowl, and more. They are an official non-profit and donations are tax deductible.
- They operate a website to help keep us connected.
- They put out a newsletter about 3 times a year. Joanie Hyler, editor - Class of '39, puts a lot of effort into this. He includes notes from classmates, reunion info, obits, new members, news about classmates, trust fund donations and distributions, a presidents message, PG history and "What's Happening Now in PG". Joanie has allowed me to post an issue here for you to try out.
(The attachment is an Adobe Acrobat file. To view it, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 or later software which can be downloaded FREE at Adobe's website: . If you do not have Acrobat Reader software VERSION 4.0 OR LATER you may have trouble with the file.
We highly recommend you join today. They have a membership form online that you can print and mail in. At $15.00 per year, this is a bargain. If nothing else, it will help us track you down as you move between reunions.